Sunday, April 10, 2005
Secret Underground Restaurants Among Us!
The latest issue of Vancouver Magazine has an article titled Chefs Without Borders, Underground Dining in Vancouver, describing underground and illegal "restaurants" around Vancouver. One of the restaurants described presented an eight course tasting menu, charging about $60, no tax, obviously. This idea of an illicit, only for those in the know, fine dining experience appeals so much to me! Unfortunately, I'm not one of those in the know (yet?). I've also never been invited to an after-hours club, either. Someone out there, please get me on the list for one of these secret restaurants. If you do, I'll make sure to review it in detail here (while protecting the identities and locations of all involved, of course).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Feasting Together, Hard. And Appreciating It.
Below are photos of a Kamayan feast for 7 in October 2023 at Kulinarya Filipino Eatery, Commercial Drive location. I say seven, but we each ...
-
Hey, everyone's had mini-marshmallows at some time or another, but most people do not realize their enormous potential. Mini-marshmallow...
-
I went to Kam's Place (1043 Davie St., close to Burrard) Singaporean Cuisine with a fan of the establishment who referred to their goong...
-
I was flipping channels (all four of them), and I just saw someone on Fear Factor be forced to eat a "hundred year old egg"! Also ...
Underground supper club in Vancouver... www.swallowtail.ca
ReplyDelete