Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Blueberry Tribute


Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Posted by Picasa

I love fresh blueberries. Blueberry pie is my very favourite pie (if it's warmed, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Banana cream is a close second). Just thought I would post a photo of the blueberry lemon cheesecake I made this week. I love that it has blueberries embedded in the cheesecake that get cooked, as well as raw ones on top. It has a rich and creamy texture, rather than a light and airy or a dense and firm one. The season is short, and this cheesecake can't be made out of season (because of the fresh ones needed for the top). I made some little blueberry tarts the week before.

4 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic, and I got a sweet tooth !

    If you ever wanted to buy a blueberry cheesecake to bring to a potluck, Max's Deli on Oak/15th has very nice ones. Ditch the box and hey, you made it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks REALLY good! If anyone happens to wind up in Kennebunkport, Maine, the best blueberry pie on earth can be found at Bartley's Dockside (just a random factoid for anyone planning on heading that way).

    ReplyDelete

Feasting Together, Hard. And Appreciating It.

Below are photos of a Kamayan feast for 7 in October 2023 at Kulinarya Filipino Eatery, Commercial Drive location. I say seven, but we each ...